BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Production Insurance

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
GregProduction Insurance
by on Aug 9, 2006 at 6:52:00 pm

I'm working on a bid from a local government client who requires liability insurance and workmans comp insurance. I'm an s-corp one man band, so I have no workmans comp. However, I probably do need some liability insurance and other production insurance.

How do you folks work this? My home and auto company doesn't have a clue. I would think I could buy it on a per production basis. Anybody use an insurance company that offers production insurance and liability insurance? I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Return to posts index

tony salgadoRe: Production Insurance
by on Aug 10, 2006 at 3:38:30 pm

You can avoid needing workers comp by using a payroll company to pay employees.

The payroll company becomes the employer of record and take care of payroll taxes, workers comp etc. However you need to factor in between 25 to 30% of the employees rate to cover the payroll company fees etc.

Regarding liability insurance this is common and if your going to be in business as a professional is a major requirement.
Any insurance company which specializes in the entertainment business will be able to get you set up with a package.

Tony Salgado

Return to posts index

JoeRe: Production Insurance
by on Aug 10, 2006 at 7:56:33 pm

General Liability Insurance

Ken Schwartz at the Lombard Street Group in Margate may be able to help you.

Return to posts index

Steve Wargotry
by on Aug 14, 2006 at 3:23:08 am

need I say more?

Return to posts index

Steve WargoRe: try
by on Aug 16, 2006 at 12:28:08 pm

Sorry about the mispell.

I just noticed that the option to make the line above it 2a URL is not here on the page. Has there been a change to the page?

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona

It's a dry heat!

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: try
by on Aug 16, 2006 at 1:38:52 pm

[Steve Wargo] "I just noticed that the option to make the line above it 2a URL is not here on the page. Has there been a change to the page?"

Looks like Stevie got himself a new Mac, eh? ;o)

Those "extras" in the interface are not there for Mac users (which I am one and I don't even get them). They are based on some Windows features that Macs do not support and so we had to make a choice if we would add features that our Mac users couldn't get. We opted that we'd give users features even if half our audience couldn't get them.

So it you can't see them this morning, that tells me either you got a new Mac or you are using Momma's Mac. ;o)

Have fun, Steve.

Ron Lindeboom
(who hopes you are healing up well after that horrible wreck)

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved