BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Demo Reel Copyright Question

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
maxrezDemo Reel Copyright Question
by on Jul 28, 2006 at 6:51:38 pm

I recently completed a demo reel for wedding videography. At the front of the video is a AFX sequence with still photos supplied by a client, including their engagement portraits from a professional studio. I did not credit the studio for taking the photographs. Do I need to? Should I ask for permission? Other photographs are essentially from school phtotographers as well. I have no idea which studio took them. I have a photography business as well. The demo reel is all about the video and editing. I have known the photographer for twenty years or so and he is awesome (PPA Master's Degree). AND all the music is royalty free from Sound Ideas. It always kills me when others use copyrighted music to sell their work. I respect all copyright and would love a little direction or at least a few opinions. Thanks.

I cross posted in Event Videography forum to broaden response. Not a usual practice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved