BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

I found it, I found it.

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve WargoI found it, I found it.
by on Jul 28, 2006 at 8:54:08 am

In a recent post, I mentioned a hilarious piece that I had found on the web about a first time director and his first day on the job. Here it is: http://thetravisty.com/Just_Funny/mov/Reel_Truth_The_Director.htm

Sorry about the quality, it's the only one I could find. What does this have to do with the business? I don't really know.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona

It's a dry heat!

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: I found it, I found it.
by on Jul 28, 2006 at 3:48:48 pm

Pretty funny Steve!!!!

It has absolutely nothing to do with business, because this business has absolutely nothing to do with business. You see, we're actually all in Hell, and we're just masturbating for eternity hoping for the big payoff in the, which never comes.

DRW

Return to posts index

Bob WoodheadRe: I found it, I found it.
by on Jul 28, 2006 at 7:33:09 pm

I dunno David, the indie trailer I'm editing for free - the producer assures me it'll hit big at Sundance, and he'll mention my name to the Warshowski Brothers for sure AND give me BIG back-end points. So I've got *that* going for me... I'd call that an assured payoff.

lmao - Steve - that god you posted that link. now to send it to all my clients. (hmmm.. would that be career-enhancing?)

Bob Woodhead / Atlanta
Quantel-Avid-FCP-3D-Crayola
G5 DP 2G, 10.3.4, 3.5GB RAM, FCP 4.5, Aja IO, Huge 320R [raid3]

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: I found it, I found it.
by on Jul 29, 2006 at 5:35:31 pm

[Bob Woodhead] "he'll mention my name to the Warshowski Brothers"

And that will put exactly how many days food on your family's table?

If we are in Hell, then Producers are the Devil. They show themselves in the form of serpents, holding out lucious apples, tempting us to take just one bite. Beware, because when you do you'll be working deferred throughout eternity.

DRW

Return to posts index

ArniepixRe: you know you're in trouble when...
by on Jul 29, 2006 at 4:28:36 pm

Your DP's name is the same as the person better known to history as 'Vlad the impaler'. AKA, Dracula.

Arnie

Now in preproduction: Peristroika (Cosmological Congress), a film by Slava Tsukerman

http://www.arniepix.com

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: you know you're in trouble when...
by on Jul 29, 2006 at 6:54:24 pm

I believe that this is only a portion of a group of pieces which a production company did as their demo. The one other part which I've seen is called "Truth In Advertising" and it does for advertising account execs and agency producers and creatives what "The Reel Truth" does for Directors and others on set. FALL DOWN FUNNY!

Does anyone know how to get a copy of the entire show?

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: you know you're in trouble when...
by on Jul 29, 2006 at 7:26:52 pm

Hi Nick,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006JO3C/ref=nosim/102-4210909-0947307?n...

Is the link for the whole thing for $30.

Here is a link to the Truth in Advertising piece that can be seen at...

http://www.studio2f.com/misc/2003/08/18truth_in_advertising.php

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: you know you're in trouble when...
by on Jul 29, 2006 at 9:02:49 pm

Wow! Thanks, Ron!! As always, YOU 'DA MAN!!!

Return to posts index

Bob Coleother examples
by on Aug 1, 2006 at 2:18:59 am

These are funny. Thanks.

Although they aren't strictly comparable, the first film I saw with this technique was called "Doubletalk," back in the 1970s: a young man meets the parents while picking up his date. We hear what they say to one another, as well as what they're actually thinking. It was brilliant at the time, though I don't know what I'd say if I saw it now -- probably too tame for today. (I'd love to know, from a film-history pov, if anybody knows of other films with the "unspoken thoughts out loud" idea. Shakespeare did some nice work with those soliloquies, come to think of it.)

Then there's a very funny film about low budget indie filmmaking. If you haven't seen "Living in Oblivion," with Steve Buscemi as (I think) an independent director... you're in for a treat. I think it tries a little too hard for meaningfulness, but there are scenes "on the set" which you really should see, if you've ever tried to make a film with an actor, a cameraman, or a sound recordist.

-- Bob C

Return to posts index

RoenLDRe: other examples
by on Aug 18, 2006 at 1:21:12 am

I saw a Peter Cook and Dudley Moore skit - husband and wife sitting on lounge very bored with each other uttering pleasantries to each other whilst in the background they are doing and saying what they really feel.
it was early b&w video probably BBC. I saw it late 60's early 70's i was 8 or 10 and it has stayed in my memory vividly since! - maybe Doubletalk was inspired by that - or vice versa

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]