BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Professional organizations offering group health insurance?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David SmithProfessional organizations offering group health insurance?
by on Jul 15, 2006 at 1:45:53 pm

Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone can suggest organizations, hopefully related to the video and film industries, that offer group health insurance in the United States. Do any of you belong to a health plan like that?

Thanks and Regards,

David

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Professional organizations offering group health insurance?
by on Jul 15, 2006 at 2:16:45 pm

We are beginning the process of trying to get CreativeCow.net associated with a large insurance provider to get a huge group buy program in place.

While nothing is certain, we do seem to have the numbers that companies are impressed/enticed by. ;o)

Best regards,

Ron LIndeboom
creativecow.net

Return to posts index

Bob ColeRe: Professional organizations offering group health insurance?
by on Jul 15, 2006 at 6:09:17 pm

Ron, that would be very interesting. For non-incorporated folks, the lack of tax-advantaged insurance is a real problem, but that's the least of it. I've been using a Health Savings Account (which has some tax benefits), but when you are buying as an individual, you are at a big disadvantage. The insurance company can "cap the block" of policies after a year or two, ratchet up that block's rates, and force you to shop around again in order to have a shot at a lower rate. It's a perfectly legal way for the insurance company to keep weeding out the people who really NEED the insurance -- the ones who actually get SICK. I suspect it is much more difficult for them to do this to a group.

-- Bob C

Return to posts index

ArniepixRe: Professional organizations offering group health insurance?
by on Jul 15, 2006 at 6:16:28 pm

Some states, like NY, have subsidized programs for self employed or low income working folk. I'm currently buying insurance from Blue Cross on under the Healthy NY program at about 1/4 or 1/3 of what I would pay otherwise. It's worth looking into your state's programs to see what they offer.

Arnie

Now in preproduction: Peristroika (Cosmological Congress), a film by Slava Tsukerman

http://www.arniepix.com

Return to posts index

David SmithRe: Professional organizations offering group health insurance?
by on Jul 17, 2006 at 2:19:19 am

Thanks Arnie. I'm in New Jersey where I know there's a program for children in low income families, but I haven't heard of any subsidised program for the self employed. I will certainly look into that. New York has always been an extremely progressive state in the insurance field.

Regards,
David

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Professional organizations offering group health insurance?
by on Jul 15, 2006 at 6:28:49 pm

Yes, it's one of the reasons that we are looking into it. We will soon begin asking those interested to register as we have the University of Colorado report on CreativeCow.net (done by two PhD professors at their School of Business) to show what our stats, ages, etc., are all about.

The next step is to see what kind of numbers may be interested and we plan to begin exploring that very shortly. Likely after the next magazine comes out.

After we see what kind of interest is there, we will hire an experienced human resources benefits counselor who knows how the whole game is played.

It's something we have wanted to do for a long time and it's getting moved up to the front burner very shortly.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

tony salgadoRe: Professional organizations offering group health insurance?
by on Jul 16, 2006 at 8:24:27 pm

Ron,

Another suggestion would be to find an insurance carrier which can offer business coverage (liability and equipment coverage for rented and owned equipment)

I am sure alot of us on this site could benefit from a group rate policy break.

Thanks,

Tony Salgado

Return to posts index

David SmithRe: Professional organizations offering group health insurance?
by on Jul 17, 2006 at 2:16:09 am

That's great Ron, I'll add my name when you start your sign up list for interesting members. In the meantime, I'll have to find something soon, so any information is appreciated.

Regards,
David

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: Professional organizations offering group health insurance?
by on Jul 16, 2006 at 2:31:57 pm

We belong to the Mid-Atlantic organization "Printing and Graphics Association" so we're able to partipate in a plan from "Graphic Arts Benefit Corporation." It's NOT cheap, but does give us access to private top docs (rather than an HMO with fewer choices).

So, Yes. Ron, I'll be VERY interested in whatever can be put together in the name of the COW.

Return to posts index

David NabitRe: Professional organizations offering group health insurance?
by on Apr 3, 2010 at 7:15:33 pm

Hi Guys:

I just registered so I am not sure if my post went through.

So I am David Nabit and I own David Craigs Catering Co outside Philly and I need health coverage so I googled organizations with group plans and I was hoping you can help with this.

Can I join the graphics group?

Thanks

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]