BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

How Much is Fair?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
UCProductionsHow Much is Fair?
by on Jun 18, 2006 at 4:31:14 am

I am new to the field and I find myself usually charging less than I can, but I do not want to be greedy. I was recently offered a job that would require me to both film and edit for a vurtual tour. What is a fair price to charge per hour?

Return to posts index

GregRe: How Much is Fair?
by on Jun 18, 2006 at 1:52:09 pm

Charging a fair price for services is NOT greedy. Charging too low is greedy, as it changes the market, and forces others to lower their prices. You need to charge what you feel is fair for both your location and your experience level. Remember that it tough to raise your price once you've charged too little in order to get the job.

Just determine your daily rates for shooting and stick to them, determine your hourly rates for editing and do the same. Then fgure out how long both will take you. There's your price. I avoid hourly rates for shooting as it's unlikely you'll be shooting for Client A for 2 hours then shooting for client B for 3 hours in one day. Either charge a full day or half day rate. Hoe this helps...Good luck

Return to posts index

UCProductionsRe: How Much is Fair?
by on Jun 18, 2006 at 4:25:30 pm

Thank you very much. This was very helpful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved