BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Client reviews

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe EdwardsClient reviews
by on Jun 17, 2006 at 12:26:05 am

Hi,

I'm moving from mostly effects work to more low-end editing, and wonder how others handle client reviews. It seems by the time I make edits and give them a DVD to review, most of the work is done.

Justifying edits takes a ton of time. With a knowledgable client it seems like double work; with an insane client I had to threaten to quit.

How do you guys handle this?

-j

Return to posts index

mark SuszkoRe: Client reviews
by on Jun 17, 2006 at 3:03:16 am

See the thread a little lower down in this same space...

Return to posts index

joe edwardsRe: Client reviews
by on Jun 19, 2006 at 8:56:12 pm

Which thread? This is a question on clients reviews. I'd like to avoid the quitting part, but my question is on reviews -- if anyone has advice.

-j

Return to posts index

Bob ColeRe: Client reviews
by on Jun 22, 2006 at 1:22:52 am

Sounds as if something is amiss here. If the client is questioning many of the edits, did you ever have a meeting of the minds? Was there a script that you and the client were both using? Or, do you and the client just not have the same sense of style/pace/structure? Maybe you aren't meant for one another.

I usually get good ideas from my client reviews, but thankfully not a lot of them.

-- Bob C.

Return to posts index

joe edwardsRe: Client reviews
by on Jun 27, 2006 at 6:15:13 am

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I might need books on when to make cuts -- any suggestions on editing talking heads?

We definately disagree. Perhaps I tend to cut on action and angle, while the client favors long dissolves only during pauses. The last job was somewhat different with a different client, and worse since the client was extemely uninformed.

-j

Return to posts index

Bob ColeRe: Client reviews
by on Jun 27, 2006 at 2:57:57 pm

That's what I suspected was happening.

It's a service business, and being a good listener is part of it. You give the client what he/she wants. To a certain extent you try to educate, you attempt to protect the client from himself. But if the client favors a certain style you deliver, or you decline the job. (Decline the job? What, are you kidding?)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]