BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Pitch meeting

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dave colonnaPitch meeting
by on Jun 11, 2006 at 7:16:15 pm

Hi guys,
I got a quick question. I have a meeting with a few companies that do publications for other companies. They are looking for a production company to handle their clients.
My question is, what are the biggest selling points you typically bring to a meeting like this?
I am personally going to bring a demo reel of past company videos, a few ideas of what I can do for their companies, and Price listings.

what other "selling points" are essential. just trying to get some ideas for the meeting, thanks guys.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Pitch meeting
by on Jun 11, 2006 at 11:52:47 pm

I find the clients are most surprised when I mention ways they never thought of that their footage can be leveraged and re-purposed.

This, in my context, mostly revolves around 30 and 60- second spot work. But when I mention we can put the TV spots on the web as well as make it look the same as their print materials, re-edit the audio tracks for radio airplay, or structure the spot so it can be updated with a simple voiceover change, or translated into Spanish, etc. they really perk up. Because it's like they are getting more spots for free.

For what you're doing, some of that leveraging could include setting up interactive promos/ demos/ tutorials for users online, and creating all manner of peripheral media in support of the marketing ans sales efforts.

Return to posts index

Rich RubaschRe: Pitch meeting
by on Jun 12, 2006 at 12:13:36 am

Exactly what Mark said.....I also find if I add that I can put their video in a Powerpoint they get all perky as well.

Basically show that you know your chops because you work with many clients like them and you know where the needs are and how to deliver.

Rich Rubsch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved