BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
by on Jun 9, 2006 at 7:20:10 pm

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows the policy to having movies played on a TV in the background of a film? For an example, there are a couple scenes written in my film where it shows a TV playing a couple old horror movies. Does anyone know how to find out if certain ones are available to be put into the movie without needing to purchase the rights? Also, does Public Domain mean anything for this situation?

Return to posts index

joeRe: Movies
by on Jun 10, 2006 at 3:38:43 pm may help.

I did a search for horror and moving images; one result turned up this public domain movie:

Return to posts index

Pixel MonkeyRe: Movies
by on Jun 12, 2006 at 3:04:39 pm

Hmmm... if you're not talking about specific imagery, and just want some generic horror stuff, you might even put an ad in the local paper. Every city now-a-days has indie horror producers that would love the free exposure. You could also put up fliers at the local film schools calling for "The Best 10-second Horror Film". Contest winners get free exposure... yada yada. (Make others do your work!) This way, you could lay out specific criteria.

`(=)`/...Pixel Monkey

Just finished editing "Frank Lloyd Wright's Buffalo" - see it on PBS Sept 4, 2006 at 10pm.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved