BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Big or small AVID setup.

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morten RaarupBig or small AVID setup.
by on May 11, 2006 at 8:08:41 pm

I have a small post facility placed in Copenhagen

Return to posts index

Mark RaudonisRe: Big or small AVID setup.
by on May 12, 2006 at 4:10:52 am

Go to the AVID forum here on "the cow" or the "Avid L-2" on Yahoo and ask the question,"Are you happy with your Adrenaline?". Follow that with, "Do you think it's a good value for your investment?. Then ask, "how much of a premium can you charge to work on an AVID vs FCP?" With the answers to these questions in hand, you can make an informed decision.

My opinion would be to stick with FCP, but add functionality like "Final Touch" by Silicon Color for color correcting, or "Shake" by Apple for complex compositing. Here in Los Angeles at least, the pendulum is swinging TOWARDS FCP and away from AVID.

Return to posts index

Morten RaarupRe: Big or small AVID setup.
by on May 12, 2006 at 6:03:29 am

Thanks for your input. I have shake, and will also be using it whit the AVID work. I like FCP, but i do a lot post on TV programs where it have to do it fast. I have do big online and colourgrading in FCP on big reaity show, and thery were offlined on avid. But In Denmark are a lot of tv programs shot on DVCAM offline in native DV on a DV Xpress. I FCP a have to online the program, in AVID i can work from here media files. So there are a bigger marked for AVID post.

Morten Raarup
On Off Line Postproduction
Copenhagen, Denmark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved