BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Help finding a Service Manual

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Kellam
Help finding a Service Manual
on May 2, 2006 at 9:54:29 pm

Hello everyone,
There doesn't seem to be any board where this seems most appropriate, but do you know where I might be able to get a service manual for a camera that is apparently not available from the manufacturer anymore? I have an engineer working on a JVC GY-DV500 full sized mini-DV camcorder that doesn't work. (It's parachute failed to open at 6 feet ;-)

I called JVC and they said they no longer produce service manuals for these cameras (even though the camera is only 3 years old). I took a gamble and got the service manual for the next release of the camera, but it does not have the info my engineer needs. Do you know any way I might be able to get a hold of one? It doesn't have to be new as long as the info is readable.

Incidentally, I dropped the camera (the only time in 15+ years I have done this) and now the DV deck part of the camera does not get any power. The camera part still works fine. It is a one piece camcorder, not a dockable unit. JVC wanted more to look at it than I thought it was worth since their opinion was that it was dead and I should buy another one (JVC of course ;-).

Any ideas where I could find the service manual?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Michael Kellam

Return to posts index

Michael Kellam
Re: Finally found one
on May 3, 2006 at 12:15:42 pm

Someone on the FCP board found one for me. Thanks all!

Michael

Michael Kellam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]