BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Best Project Management software?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
BrianBest Project Management software?
by on Mar 10, 2006 at 10:33:01 pm

Anyone recommend a project management software program? I'm thinking of Entourage 2004 because its fairly simple and integrates with your calendar and email. I'm not running a massive production company, so I don't need the overkill of Microsoft Project.

Return to posts index

debeRe: Best Project Management software?
by on Mar 11, 2006 at 3:17:49 am

Have you checked out Marware's Project X?

I saw a demo of it at MacWorld in January. It depends on your needs...might be worth a look.

Return to posts index

mickavidRe: Best Project Management software?
by on Mar 12, 2006 at 12:57:03 am

mindjet mindmanager - offers a free trial version. simple - easy to use - microsoft integration - etc,...

google it!

Return to posts index

Rich RubaschRe: Best Project Management software?
by on Mar 12, 2006 at 10:53:05 pm

I do know of a producer in a small production company that is using Entourage pretty successfully. I am going to meet with him to pick his brain on any limitations and how it works with multiple users. I feel like it is enough for my small company as well...anyone else out there giving Entourage a run for its money?

Might ask on the Microsoft discussion groups...since it is cross platform they get a lot of posts over there.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

BrianRe: Best Project Management software?
by on Mar 12, 2006 at 11:09:43 pm

Thanks for the response. Actually, I've been running a demo of Entourage after posting this message. Sure it doesn't have a lot of detail and tracking capabilities, but the project center is really great. You can link any and all existing files to each project. Everything from calendar events, tasks, emails, notes, and even files like a video. The calendar view allows you to look at just the project events, or you can see all events at once on the same calendar. It's a fantastic way to look at your schedule and prevent any conflicts. I can't believe the PC version Outlook has nothing like this. How lame is that?

For the price, its almost a no brainer when you consider Word and Excell are included. My goal is not to become a Production Manager, just to be able to manage small projects well. Once I move into huge projects, I'll hire a PM to do all the fun stuff.

Thanks for the input guys.

Return to posts index

Megan GaneRe: Best Project Management software?
by on Feb 17, 2011 at 8:48:49 pm

Any thoughts on this (in 5 years) ?

looking at:
Gorilla Software

or something non-video like:
production pier
action method

looking for cheap-ish, can do budget, calendars, tasks, and preferably equipment and studio use

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved