BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Motion Graphics Agent

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David CohenMotion Graphics Agent
by on Feb 5, 2006 at 3:44:20 am

I am a motion graphics artist and I have a client list that is growing, but slowly. I would really loe ot get more bookings, especially with clietns who call regualry, instead of once-in-a-while.
I have read about agencies/agents for still graphics designers, and editors, but I was wondering if there was an agency for motion graphics artist to get more booking.
Does anyone know if such agencies exist, and if they are worth joining?

Return to posts index

Rich RubaschRe: Motion Graphics Agent
by on Feb 5, 2006 at 6:40:05 pm

Sounds like you need a way to get out there and network. There are many trade organiations that meet regularly and can get you new leads. Also, make sure you have a good follow up plan. Let your clients know you have availablility and look forward to working on their next project. Keep youself in the loop!

The organizations range from small design clubs to AdFed, a national organization to MCA-I a media organization that has chapters in select cities. It might seem like some of these organizations are your competition, but if you are good and getting better, anyone who even mentions your name in a good light is free advertising...even if they are complaining that you are the new hot designer in town!

Can't hurt!

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

David CohenRe: Motion Graphics Agent
by on Feb 6, 2006 at 3:29:06 am

Thanks Rich, thats a big help. I am thinking of joining a few, but I am alreadty a memebr of a MGFX organisation and have been going to the meetings for a while. While it is fun and the software demos are cool, I have never had an opportunity to network.

Is there another form of networking/self-promotion you might recomend.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved