BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

I need a schematic. Anyone know how to contact JVC? My support experience has been terrible...

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael KellamI need a schematic. Anyone know how to contact JVC? My support experience has been terrible...
by on Feb 1, 2006 at 6:36:39 pm

Hi everyone,
If there's a better forum for this message, please let me know.

I've been trying to contact JVC to get a schematic or service manual for a pro camera (GY-DV500) that I have. There is a good chance that the camera is not repairable, so I don't want to sent it to a facility. Instead I've got a local engineer looking at it.

I've been calling JVC, but most of the time after going through the electronic phone labyrinth, I get to the place it seems I should go and the system disconnects me. I have tried many different options and almost always get the same result. Once I was able to get through without getting disconnected and I got what sounded like an answering machine. The instructions were to leave my contact info and what I wanted and they'd get back to me. It has been over a week and I've heard nothing.

I sent an e-mail message to the online support center (recommended as an alternative by the phone system) and was told I would get a response within five business days. Today, five business days (or a week total) later, I received a one line message telling me to call the phone number.

I responded to the e-mail telling my story and asking if I can get a direct line to someone. I'm not optimistic about the response, given my poor experience with JVC.

Do you know of a way I might be able to get through to someone or of a way I might be able to bypass JVC to get the schematic?

Thanks for any info you can share...

Return to posts index

Michael KellamNever mind for now. Problem may be solved...
by on Feb 1, 2006 at 7:23:31 pm

Hello again. I managed to get a person in another department, told him the probblem I was having and pursuaded him to transfer me directly to a person. Hopefully all is well now. I'll know for sure after it arrives.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved