BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Store front suggestions/ideas

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joey GroahStore front suggestions/ideas
by on Jan 29, 2006 at 2:08:58 am

Hi everybody,

I'm part of a small three-man multimedia (TV and radio commercials, websites, informational DVDs/CDs) and marketing shop that uses freelancers on a pretty regular basis. We've been operating out of a house for three years now, and due to a marriage and comprible rent, we're seriously eyeing a spot near the hub of our small city (market 180ish).

A lot of our work is out of the area so we don't get a lot of foot traffic anyway, but we're thinking a move to a busy part of town might raise our profile locally.

The new building is pretty non-descript, really the outside is a smallish window and door. Any advice with managing a storefront? We work with a sign company so that's taken care of...

Return to posts index

Seth BloombaumRe: Store front suggestions/ideas
by on Jan 29, 2006 at 6:51:33 pm

a move to a busy part of town might raise our profile locally.

One thing it will do is raise your overhead, right?

Sounds like you'll have to move, regardless, but it's always a good idea to only sign on for overhead expenses that are absolutely essential.

If foot-traffic might bring in customers, a store front is the way to do it. Are you doing consumer/retail work?

If not, there are surer ways to raise your profile locally - ya'll are marketing, it's hard to do for most of us, but consider marketing your co. in the local market if you want more local work. Usually your address and facility are a small part of your profile.

I do a fair amount of local work (40%-ish) but let go of my office space four years ago when I realized that clients never visit me, I always visit them. YMMV, I've never been interested in consumer/retail.

Return to posts index

Joey GroahRe: Store front suggestions/ideas
by on Jan 29, 2006 at 9:42:40 pm

Hey Seth, thanks for your thoughts.

We actually will have a LOWER overhead with the move, due in part to the landlord situations of both properties and some technology tax credits. And there is a bit of retail with our company: we've created an "imprint" of custom-built, custom-content kiosks that are used by a variety of industries including real estate, home improvement, fitness centers and the like. So we have our trade show models that can be displayed in the store front.

Regardless, I'm going to miss much of the "home" aspects of the house.

Return to posts index

grinnerRe: Store front suggestions/ideas
by on Feb 13, 2006 at 7:31:11 pm

wit a store front, you will have walk in traffic... mostly unwatnted. Will you have a receptionist to shew em off or will they be interupting a session?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved