BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Proposal-writing software for Video/DVD Industry?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric R. JohannesProposal-writing software for Video/DVD Industry?
by on Jan 24, 2006 at 5:35:59 pm

Does anyone know of a good product for writing out proposals for corporate video projects and/or storyboarding for DVD projects?

I would think there must be something out there, but I haven't been able to find it.

Specifically, perhaps something that would produce a more creative, visual proposal as opposed to a simple Word Document.

Also, say I want to pitch a DVD Menu structure for a client...I have the menu heirarchy set in my head, but am looking for creative ways to commit that to paper.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Mike HennesseyRe: Proposal-writing software for Video/DVD Industry?
by on Jan 24, 2006 at 8:25:08 pm

I don't know of any proposal software. I use insperation 7.6 for brain storming and it would work great for mapping a DVD Menu structure.

Good Luck - Mike

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Proposal-writing software for Video/DVD Industry?
by on Jan 25, 2006 at 9:09:44 pm

For simple storyboarding, there are various dedicated programs out there, I have an old copy of Poser I can use to generate stills of various setups in conjunction with photoshop to make storyboards.

Menus can me mocked-up in photoshop, as far as the "look". Visio can be used to diagram links.

But before you get all high-tech and "dog-and-pony"...
Consider that a strong, well-developed concept should be easy to convey in one, not-too-packed page of simple text. After all, you only get a log-line in TV guide. I would concentrate first on generating the best possible description of the concept using just words.

If you start with that, the other features you seek are going to be an additional booster to your effort. I wouldn't try leading with the glitz stuff though, unless this is truly something that could not be described accurately in words.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved