BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Principles, Philosphy and practice

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ponyackPrinciples, Philosphy and practice
by on Jan 12, 2006 at 3:27:12 am

I am new to the world of design. I have landed a job as a mulit-media designer. I had a problem recently with some work (by another desinger) that was suppossedly finished and signed off on yet i kept finding mistakes, while standing in the clients office. (lesson learned: proof till it hurts)

I want to place a sign in the office that asks some questions about the product before it leaves the office. I was wondering if anyone had some advice on what some of the questions should be relating to the finished product.

I don't want to be and ass about this but i want to try and avoid showing up at a clients office with a product that is not 100%.

thanks for the advice in advance

Return to posts index

Seth BloombaumRe: Principles, Philosphy and practice
by on Jan 12, 2006 at 4:03:39 pm

Well, I'm not a designer so much as a producer. I want to get a clear understanding up front from the client and any other stakeholders: "What are the criteria for success?" In other words, specifically what must the product be or do to be successful? I'll refer back to that list during development and before delivery. And there will be a letter or email that outlines how we've hit every one of the marks identified by the client.

In developing your list you might also try working backwards - who will touch your work when you are done, and what are their needs?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved