BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Market Research

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
RaydenMarket Research
by on Jan 9, 2006 at 6:08:35 pm

I live up north in Montreal, Canada and I want to start my production company. I beginning to do my Market Research and I find it hard to find data on the audio/video business and subsections (like Effects, Editing, etc..) Do you think it's a good idea to send email to every production house with a survey (if they willing to complete it) or do a more direct approach and meet them (if they have the time)? Or is there other way to find what the market need?

Have a nice editing!
Final Cut Pro 4.5 HD user
DVD Studio Pro 3 user

Return to posts index

Seth BloombaumRe: Market Research
by on Jan 10, 2006 at 6:22:29 pm

Meet with them!

Sounds like you hope to provide editing, efx and graphics to production houses. You need to do those things that will help them remember you as a credible provider of these services. Meet, show the reel, ask for work, call back a week later, ask how often you should touch in with them, call back at least once every 2 months. Find out who makes the decision on your services, it may be a few people, and make sure each one knows who you are and what you've done. Realize that for most people looking to hire you, it's not about what you can do, but what you've done as seen on your reel. On the call backs, ask if there are any new producers or directors who should see your reel, go show it to them. Don't just send in info, don't just send in your reel, make a personal impression.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved