BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

non-compete documents

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregnon-compete documents
by on Dec 2, 2005 at 4:58:19 pm

Someone below mentioned a non-compete clause that they have an editor sign when working with a client. Does anyone have an actual one they can email me. I would like to protect myself while sub-contracting both production and editing work. Also how are these enforced? Do you have a legal leg to stand on? guys are the best!

Return to posts index

nestorlRe: non-compete documents
by on Dec 2, 2005 at 5:38:15 pm

Hello Greg. Non-compete clauses are governed by state law, and I understand that in most cases the state courts refuse to enforce them unless they are written with extremely clear and narrow wording(duration, geographical location of band, type of work that is included, etc). Most of the time, these clauses are a waste of ink, but you should ask you attorney as to whether they are enforced in your state. I have one in file if you want it. email me t info @ Cheers,

Nestor L. Lopez
Explorart Films

Return to posts index

Peter RalphRe: non-compete documents
by on Dec 2, 2005 at 7:51:15 pm

they must be reasonable to be upheld in court but I think they work quite well for the well-heeled corporations that tend to use them. A tiny fraction ever get challenged.

Action in a contractual dispute is up to the aggrieved party. Enforcing a contract is not like reporting a crime.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved