BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Price Estimate for a Graphics Show Package

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David CohenPrice Estimate for a Graphics Show Package
by on Nov 22, 2005 at 1:55:40 am

Hi all,

I have been asked ot build a graphics package for a pilot. Having only billed day and hour rates, I do not have a clear idea of how to estiamte a package price. I als do not know the budget, and i know it is not very big. I also imagine i need to build in some changes so i do not get screwed in endless changes that i cannot bill for. I guess I am looking for a ball-park starting point on which to go forward, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

BobRe: Price Estimate for a Graphics Show Package
by on Nov 22, 2005 at 11:31:40 am

I would just ask what they've got in mind for a budget for the open. Tell them you can build a Porsche or a VW, they both look & run great, but they sure ain't the same price. We can't create in a vacuum, we need some sort of guideline to know how much time to devote to a project. You can elect to offer to spend more time than what their budget allows, but that needs to be YOUR decision. After you get a budget ballpark, break it down into days, then slice off some amount, maybe 25%, for revisions. When you bid, let them know the number of days you're allocating, and the amount of time available for revisions. Emphasize you'll be providing many approval steps along the way (storyboards, screen shots, rough animations) that they'll need to sign off on in order to keep the vision going in the right direction. Have fun. Most all of my work is project rate based, and the outline above has worked well for me. Lots of information between the creative & the client keeps everyone happy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved