BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

ID theft... Please help

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ot CrozzID theft... Please help
by on Oct 23, 2005 at 7:31:33 am

I recently found out a family member used my SSN and name in several felonies. Yup, I

Return to posts index

ArniepixRe: ID theft... Please help
by on Oct 24, 2005 at 6:24:33 pm

Which is why they say "you can choose your friends, but you're stuck with family".

Was your relative prosecuted? If so, you might want to contact the prosecutor's office that did so, & ask them what your options are. Also contact any police or other law enforcement agencies that you know of that may have arrested or investigated your relative.

I hope that you can find a way to correct this. Best of luck!

Arnie

http://www.arniepix.com

Return to posts index

Ot CrozzRe: ID theft... Please help
by on Oct 25, 2005 at 2:03:29 am

Yes, he was prosecuted. Oddly enough, the law enforcement agency discover his real name and refused to change the records. My name is one of his aliases. I'm in the process of contacting local and national law enforcement agencies. Matter of fact, I got responce today. It a start Thank you very much for your advice and support. I checked your web site and your video was cool.

Thanks again,
OT

Jack of all trades - Want to master them ALL. Yup you guessed it... I'm a pre-press artist.

Return to posts index

Mark LandmanRe: ID theft... Please help
by on Oct 25, 2005 at 2:06:21 pm

File reports with the credit reporting agencies - Experian, Equifax and Trans-Union. I believe that they should be able to flag your accounts.

Good luck!

Mark Landman
PM Productions
Champaign, IL

Return to posts index

by on Oct 26, 2005 at 2:26:07 am

I've contacted Experian and Equifax. In in the process of getting things straight with Trans-Union. Not fun! Thank you very much for your comment and help. Good luck in your future projects.

Again, thanks
OT

Jack of all trades - Want to master them ALL. Yup you guessed it... I'm a pre-press artist.

Return to posts index

B.J. AhlenRe: ID theft... Please help
by on Oct 28, 2005 at 10:04:15 pm

Yup, I

Return to posts index

by on Oct 29, 2005 at 1:45:15 am

Wow, I'm the process of contacting all the law enforcement services. Whom ever this person was, did not do anything to my credit of financial background (knock on wood). Thank you for the information. Good luck with you situation.
Odis

Return to posts index

B.J. AhlenRe: ID theft... Please help
by on Nov 1, 2005 at 7:13:57 pm

I thought I had seen a really good article about how to handle non-financial ID theft.

I just found it, in last month's issue of Kiplinger Magazine (which is an outstanding magazine btw).

This article is available online: http://www.kiplinger.com/personalfinance/magazine/archives/2005/10/idtheft2....

Specific advice is offered, with resources that even very few in law enforcement know anything about.

This is important information, any one of us could need it next...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]