BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Bidding on jobs

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan KeithBidding on jobs
by on Oct 15, 2005 at 7:26:47 pm

I'm just doing a survey to see how everybody approaches a perspective client with a bid. Do you guys have a standardized form that you use? How specific do you get regarding how you came up with the number you are quoting?

I'm soon going to be bidding on jobs as a vendor, whereas previously I've either been hired at a day rate or been staff. Just want to get an idea on how everybody approaches this.

Bryan Keith

Return to posts index

Tom JRe: Bidding on jobs
by on Oct 16, 2005 at 11:15:39 am

For rfp, rfq's whatever you wish to call them I myself have a standard form that I use. I created multiple versions for each type of job. Saves a lot of time and headaches later on for me.

I also usually itemize the specific details that the client requested or pointed out and that's about it. This way there is no confusion between each party. You shouldn't have to be to critical, but you do want to make sure that you present your bid to your prospect so that they can understand it, and so they can be reassured that you are following along on the same page as they are so to speak.

Return to posts index

Seth BloombaumRe: Bidding on jobs
by on Oct 16, 2005 at 6:26:54 pm

Reinforcing what Tom said, if there are specifications then a fixed price is possible. If the spec is "soft", your bid must also be soft.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved