BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Team Management - wage strategy - Opinion

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JoTeam Management - wage strategy - Opinion
by on Oct 15, 2005 at 2:45:49 pm

Hi folks,
I have a small company in Portugal witch has 10 Employes.
I would like review my fixed wage strategy, to a strategy that increase motivation and team spirit.
We have been growing up in the last 5 years, with projects and services like: Video and Audio Post-production, TV shows, Dvd Authoring, Events, Multimedia, etc...
My team it's composed of: administrative staff, production staff, editors, sound technitians.
How do you pay to your employes? is it a fix amount? it a base + percentual amount?
Really like to ear your exepirence in this matter.

Best regards,

Return to posts index

Tim KolbRe: Team Management - wage strategy - Opinion
by on Oct 27, 2005 at 3:26:29 pm

In this business, I'm not sure if that strategy will ultimately pay off for you. We all consider ourselves to be unique in our skills and like nothing better than to be recognized that way (with awards, etc) and creating a single rate wage structure won't recognize your achievers. At some point those acheivers will feel like they're "carrying" the staff that they perceive to be "less skilled" or "less ambitious" oe "less...whatever" than they are and they'll take off for greener, less "level" pastures.

I appreciate what you're trying to do, but I've tried different takes on this in the past and it failed miserably.

Kolb Syverson Communications,
Creative Cow Host,
2004-2005 NAB Post Production Conference
Premiere Pro Technical Chair,
Author, "The Easy Guide to Premiere Pro"
"Premiere Pro Fast Track DVD Series"

Return to posts index

JoRe: Team Management - wage strategy - Opinion
by on Oct 30, 2005 at 8:15:53 pm

Could you please explain better what diferent takes have you tried in the past? what is you current strategy?
Best Regards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved