BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Help with creative

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
GregHelp with creative
by on Sep 6, 2005 at 7:43:52 pm

Does anyone have or know of any sites where can get some ideas for creating a :30 ad spot for a college bowl game? I'm looking for some ideas that would help get my creative juices flowing. Any websites with a demo? any thoughts?

I'm writing a proposal for 4 ad spots featuring football and basketball during a College Bowl week. Thanks so much.

Return to posts index

promoboyRe: Help with creative
by on Sep 7, 2005 at 1:58:32 am

Check out Going through some of their work has always inspired me. You may also want to check out,, and of course the demo reel forum here on the cow. You can find all kinds of great stuff to inspire you and challenge you. Or go to a music store and pick out an album from a person/group you don't recognize, basing your interest only on the cover and listen to the entire thing. On random. See what pops into your head. Or, free associate for a while--write the first that pops into your head, then keep writing no matter how ridiculous or disconnected the thoughts are. After a few minutes, clothes your eyes and circle the paper--use whatever word is entirely in the circle as your theme. Chances are you won't actually use that, but it can be helpful to see what you can do with a word that's not at all related to a college bowl. Gets you thinking in different ways.

Return to posts index

maxrezRe: Help with creative
by on Sep 7, 2005 at 5:39:00 pm

Go to the experiments. Pollinate is real great for inspriration.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Help with creative
by on Sep 7, 2005 at 2:16:47 am

You promoting the game in general, a team, a sponsor, what?

You could go Abstract, you could go obvious, you could go surreal. You could make it using game footage, or none at all. You could go dramatic or comical. You could pick a particular viewpoint; fan, uber-fan, non-fan, sports widow, sports widow-ER, tailgater stalwart, a folk-tail-spinning old geezer's rememberances, a stat-obsessed-nerd, player, coach, the ball as if it could talk, the guy that paints the lines on the grass, a play-by-play announcer and how he treats everything around him all the time the same as calling the game, etc. or take one of these viewpoints and transplant it on another viewpoint.
You could make it all really fancy 3-d motion graphics, you could make it all toon-shaded 2-d flash-looking. It could be all animated type done entirely in the CG. You could make it out of animated cutouts on a flat screen or on a 3-dimensional prop set. You could just roto mattes around stock game footage and comp it over sports jump-backs.

What do you want to accomplish, what's the message, who's the audience? When you know these things, you are on the way to picking a style.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved