BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

How do you promote your business?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JayoHow do you promote your business?
by on Sep 6, 2005 at 2:12:05 am

I have a small production studio that mainly produces local tv spots. I have been doing the old cold call bang the door down thing and need a new way of generating business. I was thinking about making my own tv spot and have recieved advise to join the local chamber of commerce. Any other tips would be great!

Return to posts index

TimRe: How do you promote your business?
by on Sep 6, 2005 at 5:40:08 pm

I just relocated my production company(boutique) 5 months ago and left behind most of my client base...basically starting from square one.

First thing I did was join the local Chamber...sounds like you got advice on that it. The first Chamber meeting that I went to I got a lead that may result in a $120,000 contract(results can vary).

Next look for networking/leads groups in your area...I have joined one that resulting in thousands of dollars of leads...with several coming to contract very likely in October. One hopefully this week.

I tried the advertising thing in "0" calls...not one. I think this day and age...the cheapest and fastest way to grow our respective businesses is thru word of mouth and leads. It is working incredibly for far.

Tim Baker
Chameleon Mobile Video Productions
"It is not the light at the end of the tunnel that we should is the courage to take the next step in the dark that we must find."

Return to posts index

mikelintonRe: How do you promote your business?
by on Sep 9, 2005 at 3:33:05 am

I've found the best way is to dig... Banging on doors and cold calling works, as long as you have a good solid pitch, and you are banging on the right doors. Do the research first, know who you are calling, and call the right person in the organization. Make sure you talk to them, about them - don't make it about yourself first off, be interested in what they are doing first - you'll get a chance to tell them what you can do. Talk about benefits, and what an ad can do to help their business, put numbers to it if you can, use examples. Look for opportunities in the paper - companies that have recently celebrated anniversaries, or have released new products, opened new stores. The chamber is probably a good one too -anything that puts you shoulder-to-shoulder with people and businesses with money, and understand they have to spend it, to make it. Perhaps find out if you have an advertising organization/association in your area, and consider going to luncheons and meetings they might have. It's a good way to meet ad agencies, and possible get work that way. It's a never-ending uphill battle, you have to keep at it and not get discouraged when you're told "no." I still think finding and generating new leads is the best way to get new clients.

Hope that helps.

Michael Linton
Centric Productions

Return to posts index

JayoRe: How do you promote your business?
by on Sep 10, 2005 at 5:32:05 pm

Thanks Mike for the info.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved