BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee PeelerIPTV
by on Aug 19, 2005 at 10:02:07 pm

Well, I just submitted my first video content to Dave TV and Akimbo, 2 online IPTV networks. I recently came accross them in a newspaper article and called them. It seems that it's a relatively simple process to get product now distributed online, it's just a matter of if anyone will download the videos. Both networks are actively seeking content so I wanted to communicate this to my fellow creatives. If anyone knows anything about the emerging technology of IPTV I would like to know more. Cheers.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 20, 2005 at 11:21:24 pm

Is there any income potential? How is it made/paid?

What kind of content?

Tim Baker
Chameleon Mobile Video Productions
"It is not the light at the end of the tunnel that we should is the courage to take the next step in the dark that we must find."

Return to posts index

Lee PeelerRe: IPTV
by on Aug 22, 2005 at 4:18:39 am

Yes there is income potential. With Akimbo there is a 50% - 50% revenue split between the content owner and the network and with Dave TV it's 65% to content owner and 35% to network, and 70% - 30% if you bring in advertising with it. So if you charge $1.99 for a video download you split the revenues and the networks send you a statement each month. Dave TV's rep. claimed they could reach 6 million people but I didn't catch if these were subscribers of their service or the people who had the ability to. I've seen Akimbo mentioned in alot of the online publications I read so I'm not sure if they are the dominant player or not. You probably know the reach the internet has.

As far as content I think they are looking for anything that is not considered obscene. From what I gather they contact the big studios and traditional networks and try and get them to join on and also accept content from small frys like me. I'm making fishing videos and Akimbo said they loved my first one. I'm trying to see if I can get any demographic info. to see what kind of people are subscribing to the networks. So anyway they just recieved my first video on Thursday and I assume we will move forward shortly. There is also another network called Brightcove Networks Inc. but I haven't been able to find them with the exception of the article I read in the local newspaper. I can send you a copy of the local article if you can tell me if we can attach files to this page and how. You can Google "Akimbo" and "Dave TV or Dave Networks" and find out more. Thanks.

Lee Peeler
Arcana Advertising and Production Co.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved