BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Hello guys, I hope you don't mind but I just had to sneak back in here.

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron LindeboomHello guys, I hope you don't mind but I just had to sneak back in here.
by on Jul 29, 2005 at 7:06:45 pm

Hello guys,

Pardon me jumping back into this forum but I've missed chatting business and have been so busy between dealing with health issues and working on the Cow, that I have had little time for much of anything. But things are leveling out and I have penned a couple of business articles in the last 10 days or so and have more on the way and so I thought I'd jump back in here.

I've missed hanging around with you guys.

The best always,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: Hello guys, I hope you don't mind but I just had to sneak back in here.
by on Jul 30, 2005 at 1:22:28 pm

Well... I GUESS it's okay, Ron. But only on one condition: you either have to grow a beard or work for NASA.

(Actually, I always thought you WERE part of the Biz Cow.)

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Hello guys, I hope you don't mind but I just had to sneak back in here.
by on Jul 30, 2005 at 4:00:45 pm

Hi Nick,

I tried growing a beard but it was all salt-and-peppery and when I looked into the mirror, I wondered what happened to the young rocker that was there and who was this rather -- shall we say? yes we shall! -- rotundulating

Return to posts index

Rich RubaschRe: Hello guys, I hope you don't mind but I just had to sneak back in here.
by on Jul 30, 2005 at 5:41:31 pm

Having started my business, Tilt Media, 4 1/2 years ago, after having worked at various post houses for the previous 10 years, I too fins the Buisness/Marketing COW a great place to hang out (OK, mostly lurk). But I've gotten some great ideas, threw in a few of my own, and enjoyed the input. To me this is where the serious questions are posed. The challenging ones where a business might be on the line, where a profit margin might be at stake. That's why it's exciting for me.

Ron, when is your birthday?

Thanks for all the contributors, Ron, Nick and the rest.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

Andy StintonRe: Hello guys, I hope you don't mind but I just had to sneak back in here.
by on Jul 30, 2005 at 8:11:58 pm

Boomer, actually I no longer have a beard as it was obviously highlighting the fact that I had very little hair the top. This is where we stop and fill in our own Nick Griffin Jokes

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Hello guys, I hope you don't mind but I just had to sneak back in here.
by on Jul 31, 2005 at 12:25:16 am

[Andy Stinton] "But then again I have been known to be a wee bit cynical!!"

Nah, you, Andy?#@!? No freakin' way. ;o)

Boomer

Return to posts index

by on Jul 31, 2005 at 12:29:22 am

[Rich Rubasch] "Ron, when is your birthday?"

I, like the Mad Hatter, celebrate only unbirthdays -- this, as there are just so many more of them and offer so much more potential for having excuses to go to concerts, symphonies, out to eat, join with friends for a night out and whatnot.

For reasons of internet security, Kathlyn and I try to keep our birthdays under wraps. Please do not take that as an offence, as it surely is not intended so -- especially not to you, Rich.

Best always,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Rich RubaschRe: Hello guys, I hope you don't mind but I just had to sneak back in here.
by on Jul 31, 2005 at 2:39:34 am

Ok then...are you a Libra?

How's that with security concerns?

Richster

Return to posts index

Charlie KingRe: Hello guys, I hope you don't mind but I just had to sneak back in here.
by on Aug 1, 2005 at 3:30:07 pm

Ok, so I lurk around these halls too. I read much more than I write in here, but most of the time before I could post on something someone has already answered with a much more comprehensible reply than I could come up with, so until I can post before someone beats me to it, I'll lurk.
Good to see that Ron is getting caught up. Finally getting some sleep these days Ron?

Charlie

Return to posts index

Tim KolbRe: Hello guys, I hope you don't mind but I just had to sneak back in here.
by on Aug 1, 2005 at 8:15:13 pm

[Nick Griffin] "
Well... I GUESS it's okay, Ron. But only on one condition: you either have to grow a beard or work for NASA"

Whew!...I just squeak in by the hair on my chinny-chin...ah...yeah, anyway...

Don't let that salt and pepper beard throw you, Ron...my beard and head are far more salt than pepper these days...and now I notice the salt is thinning. Oh well.

I think Nick G had a quote on the bottom of his emails for a while that went something like "They say wisdom comes with age...but sometimes age arrives alone."

...I'm sure my wisdom will be by any time now...

TimK,

Kolb Syverson Communications,
Creative Cow Host,
2004-2005 NAB Post Production Conference
Premiere Pro Technical Chair,
Author, "The Easy Guide to Premiere Pro" http://www.focalpress.com
"Premiere Pro Fast Track DVD Series" http://www.classondemand.net

Return to posts index

Timothy AllenRe: gray hair - and "art" vs."business"
by on Sep 4, 2005 at 7:53:03 pm

This is probably my favorite forum (although "Art of the Edit" gives it a run for the money). I must say that I've been focusing more lately on developing my leadership skills, and trying to get more experience under my belt in that area. That's one reason you guys haven't heard much from me lately - I'm spending less time online and more time talking to people in person.

That said, I miss participating in the conversations around here and I do want you all to know that I still read every post. (It's just usually WAY after the end of the business day by the time I get online away from work.)

I'm in the process of writing a new article about "leading and managing creative professionals" which I hope to submit soon. It's about how to work with diverse types of artists on a daily basis and the struggle between satisfying employee's creative desires while also bringing in enough profit to keep them employed.

I believe this dichotomy between business and art is a destructive illusion and I plan on illustrating the reasons behind my thinking. The challenge of balancing between the business and the art (individually and while leading a creative group) seems to bring all of us a few gray hairs.

That may be why I haven

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]