BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

COW Tutorials: Business & Marketing Tips NO-Cost Ways to Grow Your Business

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
COW Articles
COW Tutorials: Business & Marketing Tips NO-Cost Ways to Grow Your Business
on Jul 22, 2005 at 10:28:19 pm

No-Cost Ways...

In this article, Creative Cow's Ron Lindeboom outlines time-tested and near no-cost ways in which even the smallest businesses -- or large successful ones -- can expand marketshare and increase their client base. The old saying is that ''Successful people do what unsuccessful people will not do.'' Here are some of the things that successful people do...

Business & Marketing Tips

Click on the link above to find Ron's latest article in our Business Tips Series

Kathlyn Lindeboom
Creativecow.net

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
Re: Cold calls
on Jul 23, 2005 at 2:54:46 pm

Great piece, Ron!

Much as cold calls are universally hated, they're a necessity for all but the most obscenely successful businesses. If you're too busy working on the current projects to worry about the next ones you are doomed to hitting periods of no projects.

One thing that we've found especially effective is to use (what I call) "Door Openers." These are well packaged items which contain a pitch about us either on them (in the case of a label) or attached to them or the package. Last year we did a mailing which utilized a hot sauce for which we created a new label which stated a few witty things about the company. The outer box led in with a statement that "We have the hots for you."

Then, once your prospect has received this Door Opener item (which because it's a 3Dimensional object, not a letter almost invariably bypasses the secretarial screen) you can call.

Viola! It's no longer a cold call!! They know you.

My experience with Door Openers is 9 times out of 10 the prospect will take the call, and they're usually chuckling.

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
Re: Cold calls
on Jul 29, 2005 at 6:55:12 pm

That is a brilliant way of "heating things up", Nick. ;o)

Anytime you can give yourself an edge when cold calling is sure to add to your bottomline.

Nice technique, man. When I grow up, I want to be just like you, you animal. ;o)

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

Franklin McMahon
Re: COW Tutorials: Business & Marketing Tips NO-Cost Ways to Grow Your Business
on Jul 26, 2005 at 2:26:01 am

Ron, great article!

Yes following up is an excellent point. I would add to "ask for the sale". You can get a client worked up and ready to go for it, but if you don't ASK then they THINK and time passes.

They don't think of new reasons to go with you, often they worry and think of reasons not to work with you. So ask and ask, you'll be surprised how many will go for it!

Frank

---------------
Franklin McMahon
Creative Cow Leader
http://www.fmstudio.com

Return to posts index

Ron Lindeboom
Re: COW Tutorials: Business & Marketing Tips NO-Cost Ways to Grow Your Business
on Jul 29, 2005 at 6:52:53 pm

Thanks for the kind words, Franklin, and thanks for building episode 31 of your Podcast radio show around "Clients or Grinders." It was an honor to receive your email and hear that you have done that. That little article seems to have a life all its own and I am grateful to have stumbled into that principle long ago -- so long ago in fact, that I cannot remember if anyone ever taught it to me or if it was just one of those serendipitous moments of realisation where your circumstances communicate lessons to you in the situation.

I can't agree more about the importance of asking for tha deal. That, and not talking past the point of the sale -- now that's something I am still working on at age 54. ;o)

Someday, when I grow up, I wanna get these things all worked out.

Best always,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]