BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

Product marketing...

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael MunkittrickProduct marketing...
by on Jun 27, 2005 at 11:23:35 pm

I need a few ideas of direct marketing of a professional series lighting tool to people in our own industry. The old staples are all covered like ad-rag placements and trade shows, but I'd like to try to get something with a bit more "umph" in front of the potential buyers. What are your most creative ideas and what are the most effective means of implementing an idea like that?

Michael Munkittrick
Managing Creative Director
Evolve Media Solutions

Forum COWmunity leader for:
Sony DV
Magic Bullet

Return to posts index

BobRe: Product marketing...
by on Jun 28, 2005 at 7:42:58 pm

How about a CD w/ a video of lighting setup tips for pros, with requisite focus on the product, naturally. Make it something people will WANT to watch, and give them USEFUL info, instead of just a sales blurb. Oh yeah, I'm available for your editing... (grin)

Return to posts index

Michael MunkittrickRe: Product marketing...
by on Jul 7, 2005 at 11:06:10 pm

I'm not opposed to a demo video CD, but the majority of people who know lights also know lighting, so my concern is that I'd shoot over someone's head or just off the people who understand a lighting design like this. I might use something like that as a supplemental piece for interested parties who show a marked interest in the lights, but more as follow-up versus an introduction.

On the other hand, the agency that will be representing the line is based out of California and has some interesting

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved