BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
by on May 23, 2005 at 6:15:13 pm

Hello Everyone,

Well, I own a small broadcast design in NYC. We've been open for about a year, and it's been a pretty good year, but I'm finding that I'm having problems locating new clients. Most of my business comes through word of mouth, but I feel we need to take a more agressive approach. I come from a creative background and not a business one, so I was wondering what my options are. One thing I was considering was finding a producer or rep to help 'sell' our capabilities. Does anyone have any experience in this, what I should look out for, and basically where do I go when I feel ready for a rep?

Thanks everyone. Any advice would help.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Representation
by on May 24, 2005 at 9:04:38 am

Your demo is nice... Word of mouth is always the best source of new work. Reps and agents are tough unless you make loads of dough. Its a bit of a catch-22 -- if you've got loads of work, a rep or agent will take you on. If you need a rep or agent they don't want you. Don't let thet hold you back from trying though. Google "artist's representatives new york" and hit the phones.

Good luck,

Return to posts index

Post removed.

pwaszakRe: Representation
by on Jun 17, 2005 at 1:56:45 pm

Thanks you for that comment! I just think that I haven't learned the proper way of marketing what my small company can do . . . that's why I think I need a rep or a producer to help me with that aspect where I show a weakness.

If you have any tips to share, I would gladly appreciate them . . .

Return to posts index

Post removed.

pwaszakRe: Representation
by on Jun 17, 2005 at 2:15:16 pm

Hey man, I think your work looks good!

Well, let me know what happens . . . I'll try to share a sucess story with you if one comes my way. I noticed in your carreer section you have a posting for a commission-based sales rep . . . I tried that as well, but on sites such as Mandy and DesignInMotion. Unfortunately, I didn't get any responses for it, but you might want to try posting there to see what happens.

All the best!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved