BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles Business and Marketing Podcasts

After Effects Day Rates etc...

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
The GareAfter Effects Day Rates etc...
by on Apr 19, 2005 at 1:20:10 am

I have been working with an indie filmaker for two films now, we are really good friends and we do the movies together so there is no pay involved yet since we both more or less are executive producers, and I do pretty much everything in post, but I am not great at any one thing. I have an opportunity to do some work for another indie and they asked what my day rates are. I have no idea the where the ballpark even starts! They have 70 shots that need to be comped, green screen, blue screen and some rig and wire removal. I can handle the composites, but the rig and wire removal will take me a little longer at first since I have not really done any of that yet, but can figure it out. There is sooo much content here I know I can figure it out in a reasonable amount of time.

My question is this: What is the going day rate for AE, or doing comps? I dont really have a reel yet, except for the two movies I have done, but the person who is offering this to me knows pretty much what I have done already. Any help or advice here would be great extremely appreciated. This could be a great opportunity for me!

Thanks in advance!

BTW, Without sounding like I am kissing COW butt here, but when we did the BTS for the last movie, the director and I did some video intro's for each of the deleted scenes and I wore one of my COW shirts on purpose!

Return to posts index

Timothy AllenRe: After Effects Day Rates etc...
by on Apr 21, 2005 at 2:10:28 am

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved