FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding a "thump" or a "big bang"

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Reed
Adding a "thump" or a "big bang"
on Apr 16, 2020 at 1:37:19 am

I'm working on adding sound effects to a teleportation scene. I'm having trouble with the electric "zap" sound effect make a deep bass sound. I've looked up online and all i'm finding is how to add bass to music which isn't getting the effect i'm looking for.

Can I get any help please.

P.S. Am I making sense?

Return to posts index

Rob Neidig
Re: Adding a "thump" or a "big bang"
on Apr 16, 2020 at 5:18:44 pm

Many times the best sound effects are a combination of several different effects mixed together. Particularly when it comes to science fiction effects as you are trying to create something that does not currently exist in nature.

For your teleportation, you might try mixing the zap sound you have with a low rumble or low drone sound. You will need to play with how much of each to mix and when to fade in and out of a particular effect.

I assume you're trying to add bass to your zap sound through boosting the lower frequencies with EQ. That isn't working for you because all EQ can do is boost the bass that's already there in the sound. It can't "add" bass that isn't already present. So mixing in an effect that has bass in it is your best bet.

Have fun!

Rob

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Adding a "thump" or a "big bang"
on May 3, 2020 at 9:15:15 pm

this isn't so much an audition thing as it is an effects process. i'd look at some 3rd party plugins unless you can record pure organic components from scratch and layer them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]