FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audition Recognizes 3 Separate Microphone Inputs, but only 2 of the 3 Inputs are Showing as Having Sound

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Lambiase
Audition Recognizes 3 Separate Microphone Inputs, but only 2 of the 3 Inputs are Showing as Having Sound
on Jul 18, 2019 at 4:37:06 pm

Hey Everyone,

I've noticed multiple similar discussions, but not this issue specifically.

When using the Zoom H6 as an interface (for Example) with 3 Samson Q2U microphones plugged in via XLR, audition can detect all 3 microphones as individual inputs when selecting the multitrack, but when each microphone is selected as in input for individual track only 2 of them are actually being seen as having some kind of audio or signal when arming for record. However, if you select stereo mix mode on the H6 rather than multitrack you can hear all 3 mics via 1 input. This of course is not ideal as all 3 inputs become mixed together.

I also tested this out in garage band and found the same exact issue. You can select all 3 mics as inputs, but only 2 will give me any kind of sound when monitoring or armed for record.

Lastly, I tried doing this with as minimal hardware as possible in between. I connected 3 USB mics through a hub and created an aggregate device using MAC's MIDI setup. Same issue, audition detects all 3 mics when selecting inputs, but only 2 inputs will end up having sound.

YES, all 3 microphones are turned on. In fact, when you select each microphone individual via the sound preferences of MAC you can see levels coming from all 3. You can also see levels from all 3 mics on the Zoom H6 as well.

I have a sneaking suspicion there is something going on with the MACs hardware that only allows 2 tracks to be recorded at one time as different inputs.

Unless somebody else has found a solve, I think i'm going to go nuts.

-Steven

Return to posts index

Steven Talley
Re: Audition Recognizes 3 Separate Microphone Inputs, but only 2 of the 3 Inputs are Showing as Having Sound
on Aug 11, 2019 at 2:57:19 pm

I'm seeing in the Amazon comments section that these can be a little flakey. You may have found a defect in your unit. Good luck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]