FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remove Music from Dialogue if I have the original Music

COW Forums : PluralEyes

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Adam Haas
Remove Music from Dialogue if I have the original Music
on Sep 10, 2018 at 9:24:03 pm

We experienced some data loss and we're trying to re-create some files with what we have. The lapel mic audio is lost, but we have the exported audio (with baked music) and the music file itself.

Is there any way I can apply a targeted/timed noise removal/cancellation on my exported audio, using the music file I have to get only the dialogue?

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Remove Music from Dialogue if I have the original Music
on Sep 11, 2018 at 2:56:08 pm

If you have the exact same music as what is mixed with the dialogue, you can reverse phase, match the level and zero out the music that way. I haven't matched soundtrack timings in Audition. I guess you can do it manually, not sure if there's a way to do it automatically. In Premiere you can align with the built-in sync tracks function or with PluralEyes (commercial plugin), not sure if that is sample accurate, since audio for video doesn't really need to be, frame accurate is enough.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Adam Haas
on Sep 12, 2018 at 9:55:36 pm

I found a video that explained reverse phase (I didn't know what that was)

From there I have a multi track file with my exported audio and the exact music file from Premiere (exact level, exact fade in, etc) and they aren't canceling out like I would have imaged. Is there a step I'm missing?

Return to posts index

Adam Haas
on Sep 12, 2018 at 10:24:51 pm

I think I got it. I had leave the first portion of the audio not reversed and reversed the rest and it seems pretty close to perfect. Thank you for telling me about this concept.

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]