FORUMS: list search recent posts

5.1 audio separate channel extraction

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Firas Sameer
5.1 audio separate channel extraction
on Jan 22, 2017 at 10:07:52 am

Hi guys,

I really need someone to give me a solution about this simple issue which wasted a lot of my time seeking for it with no resolution.

I am working on a movie project for a movie theater and about to create a DCP version of the movie using OpenDCP application, I found it very easy to deal with and also it is free.

I am facing a simple issue which has stopped me from creating the DCP which is the separate 5.1 wav files the OpenDCP asking for to render the DCP, the program requires having 6 separate wav files as 1 wav for each FR, FL, C, SUB, RR and RL speakers.

I am using Adobe Audition and Premiere but I couldn't find any direct or correct way to have those channels exported similar as they say in FCP you can simple select those channels at the export window and have them ready. hence in audition or premiere when you export channels the program will deal with "channel" as timeline not as speakers channel.

Kindly advice me and I will be so thankfull

regards
Firas

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: 5.1 audio separate channel extraction
on Jan 23, 2017 at 2:24:22 am

for DCP exports.

New custom sequence, with multichannel mono audio tracks (6 total)
important you choose multichannel and NOT 5.1...for some reason it lowers the audio volume on export.

Then bring in each track in order of smpte specs:

L
R
C
Lfe
Ls
Rs

Then go to the mixer window and pan each track.
L
R
L
R
L
R

Also make sure you check each box (in the mixer) that indicates
L & R is mapped to1 & 2
C & Lfe is mapped to 3 & 4
Ls & Rs is mapped to 5 & 6
(this keeps them all seperated without combining them all)

Export the quicktime, in the audio options choose multichannel 24-bit.

Return to posts index

Durin Gleaves
Re: 5.1 audio separate channel extraction
on Feb 11, 2017 at 10:45:56 pm

If you take the 5.1 audio file into Audition, use Edit > Extract Channels to Mono Files... to easily separate each channel to a unique file, labeled with the channel label from each track.

---
Durin Gleaves
Adobe Audition

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]