FORUMS: list search recent posts

Workflow question

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Galli
Workflow question
on Jul 26, 2016 at 8:01:59 pm

Aloha all!

I'm working on a 10 minute pilot for a web series. I'm up to rough cut v5, and the product is pretty finished. I'm waiting now for music from our composer friend.

The audio came largely from wireless lavs. However, I had to mix two different brands, so the noise profile on one of the actors is rather different from that of the others.

I've gone thru in Premiere and niggled the levels, rubberbanding the beejeezus out of it, and it's pretty smooth. No non-professional would hear a problem. But the difference in background noise when the female lead speaks drives me nuts!

My current plan is to wash each clip through a mild sound-reduction in Audition, one clip at a time.

Question 1: should I remove all of the volume keyframes first? Seems to me that I should.

Question 2: is there a smarter way to handle this?

Question 3: should I have done this audio processing earlier in the post process?

Mahalo!
Tom G

The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Return to posts index

Simon Billington
Re: Workflow question
on Aug 22, 2016 at 1:47:49 pm

It would be a shame to remove all of the volume automation just to remove the noise out of the audio, but this is getting a bit tricky.

You could edit the source files and the will automatically update in the project, except it gets risky. If you over do it you would want to have a backup. That in itself isn't hard. If, however, you had to restore your originals from your backup you would have to replace all the clips manually. That's the problem.

What you can do is duplicate your project, but give it its own dialog assets, so its not linking to the same files as the original, then remove the noise on those source files.

If you're dialog is still tied to the clips, just unlink them, even convert them to regular audio files if you have to.

Adversely, you could always use a 3rd party plugin on the audio. Something like iZotope RX Dialog Noise Remover, or Waves NS1/W43. That might be good enough to get the job done without any issues.

Just be aware those plugins amy induce latency, so make sure the audio remains in sync at the end of the day.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]