Fade in an effect

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sean brannigan
Fade in an effect
on Dec 21, 2015 at 4:09:32 pm
Last Edited By sean brannigan on Dec 21, 2015 at 4:33:15 pm

Hi.
I'm trying to add an effect so it sounds like it's coming trough a wall. That bit is no problem but I want the effect to be added gradually, as if you are close to the sound and it's clear but then yu are moving away and it becomes muffled.

Unfortunately I cannot find any way to gradually apply an effect.
How would I go about this please?
It seems using the FFT filter there used to be an option for "Lock To Constant Filter" but has been removed from CS6.

Return to posts index

Rob Neidig
Re: Fade in an effect
on Dec 23, 2015 at 3:48:36 pm

Sean,

Since nobody else has chimed in, I can offer an alternative. I really don't know myself if there is a way to put keyframes on an effect in some way. But you could accomplish the same thing by using the multitrack editor. Start by creating two files - one is your original file with no effect on it. The other would be a copy of that file but WITH the effect applied to it and saved as a new file. Put the two files into the multitrack timeline, lined up with one another. Then you can fade from your original to the effected copy at whatever rate you choose. Export that out to a new file if you need to put it into a different multitrack or into a video editor. If you are putting it into a video editor, then you could use the two files and do the fade in that software instead of Audition.

Hope this helps. Have fun!

Rob

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]