FORUMS: list search recent posts

So adobe audition CANNOT change a stereo track into two mono tracks? True

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry WattsSo adobe audition CANNOT change a stereo track into two mono tracks? True
by on Oct 29, 2015 at 5:24:21 pm

Can someone confirm this so I can move on and stop trying to find a way to do it?

This would really help me out if it could.

Thanks!

Larry

Return to posts index

Rob NeidigRe: So adobe audition CANNOT change a stereo track into two mono tracks? True
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 4:27:19 pm

Larry,

At least in the Mac version, you go to the "EDIT" menu and select "Extract to Mono files. It creates two files, one for Left, one for Right. Voila!

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

Rob NeidigRe: So adobe audition CANNOT change a stereo track into two mono tracks? True
by on Oct 30, 2015 at 4:30:01 pm

Larry,

And since I see from an earlier post that you have the file in Premiere to begin with, you could also create mono audio tracks in Premiere, then select those two tracks when you drop the clip on the timeline. They are now separate mono tracks that can be controlled separately.

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

Larry WattsRe: So adobe audition CANNOT change a stereo track into two mono tracks? True
by on Oct 31, 2015 at 11:11:57 am

Thank you!
Here is what I need to do.
I have to fix sound on an entire video in premiere who used MP4 compressed files . There are a lot of edits so I tried this.
I selected a clip in the timeline and used find in project. I then used extract to mono files and had it create two mono left and right files.
Then I dragged them to the timeline into two new tracks and lined them up.
The problem is that the lengths did not match the clip I had originally selected.

I think this is because of the MP4 format . Do you agree?
What could have been relatively easy became awful.

The only other way I can think of is to go into premiere and duplicate the track and pan one left and the other right and the level each separately.

There are some big difference in loudness between the two people in an outdoor dialogue.

I'm wondering if I use a compressor to limit the peaks?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]