FORUMS: list search recent posts

Removing hiss from multiple clips from Premiere Pro timeline

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas ReimerRemoving hiss from multiple clips from Premiere Pro timeline
by on Sep 8, 2015 at 5:29:14 pm

Hi there,

I've reached a rough edit of a production that I am working on, and am now doing some final work on audio before the production can be exported. There is a constant hiss that I want to remove from the main Interview in the production. I'm not sure the best/fastest way to go about removing hiss from the entire interview, while still keeping the integrity of the timeline intact.

Editing the source file audio in Audition simply creates a separate audio file (once I apply the Noise Reduction Process), but I don't know how to link it back to the timeline in their appropriate places.

Alternatively, I have tried choosing "Edit Clip in Adobe Audition" when highlighting all the IV clips in the timeline, but I run into the issue of how to add the same noise reduction process to ALL the clips.

Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Thomas

Return to posts index

Rob NeidigRe: Removing hiss from multiple clips from Premiere Pro timeline
by on Sep 9, 2015 at 3:06:46 pm

If it were me, I would load the audio file of the interview. For the purposes of this post let's call that one "Interview". Then "Save As" and name it "Interview ORIGINAL" or something similar. Now load back the "Interview" source file that you used in the edit. Apply the noise reduction to that file. Save it (without changing the name). Now when you go back to Premiere, all the clips that were chosen from that file will use the new version of the file. As long as you didn't edit anything out and just applied the noise reduction, then the timing of everything will be exactly the same. If you decide you used too much noise reduction, or whatever, then you always have the "Interview ORIGINAL" file to go back to and start over.

Have fun!

Rob

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

Thomas ReimerRe: Removing hiss from multiple clips from Premiere Pro timeline
by on Sep 9, 2015 at 3:59:48 pm

Unfortunately, we didn't use external audio for the Interview, the audio that needs cleaned up is in the Left Channel of a the main interview clip. So when I edit the audio on the VIDEO clip it just creates a separate AUDIO file.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]