FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dual mono tracks -- convert or paste effects?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Withers
Dual mono tracks -- convert or paste effects?
on Aug 23, 2015 at 6:55:25 pm

Hi all,
I have a carefully cut movie started in Final Cut and converted to Premiere CC 7.2.2. A few years of work editing.
Many tracks were recorded with an internal stereo mic in a camcorder and brought into FCP as dual mono.
Now I want to equalize, normalize and mix these tracks but its a hassle to work with the dual mono tracks which are nearly but not quite the same so I don't want to just drop one of them.
So
1. Is there a way in PP CC or in Audition to combine the dual mono tracks into a single dual-track stereo?
2. If I apply equalization or other effects to one of the two channels, is there a way in Audition to paste the same effect onto the second channel? Or get Channel 2 to mirror changes to Channel 1. Or even adjust levels for both at the same time?
3. Or some other way to work with these dual mono tracks? Would Grouping clips help? If I just send to a submix can I then apply effects and normalization to the submix?

Groping and grateful for any help.

I would like to avoid reimporting 100 clips to have stereo clips instead of dual mono.

Rhetorical question: Why did I do this bonehead thing?

Thanks for your thoughts . . .
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]