FORUMS: list search recent posts

simultaneous record and edit the same file

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alan garriocksimultaneous record and edit the same file
by on Apr 19, 2015 at 10:12:17 pm

Hi, I'm using Audition CS6 on a Macbook Air with a Shure X2U soundcard and have a need to simultaneously record and edit the same file without affecting the ongoing recording. Is it possible to start editing the cache file before the file is saved? Using the sound card I can keep the input audio from the microphone seperate from the output audio from the computer but I can see no way to get at the recording to edit it without stopping it!

Return to posts index

Hicham ChahidiRe: simultaneous record and edit the same file
by on Jun 22, 2015 at 9:04:32 pm

Hi,

If you are talking about editing the sound on your computer while recording, I don't think this is possible..
What kind of edition? if it's volume or gain correction you can do it manually with your soundcard potentiometer.. but if you need deeper editing, I've never seen that ;-)
Good luck

Royalty free music
http://www.musicscreen.org

Return to posts index

alan garriockRe: simultaneous record and edit the same file
by on Jun 23, 2015 at 5:18:10 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. FYI I have found a workable solution for the Mac (but not for Windows)

Install the free audio recorder iScream from http://www.mediahuman/iscream/ - it simply records the output of your sound card until you stop it by clicking the icon which lives on the task bar.

What is useful is that you can download the mp3 (not WAV) into Audition and edit as normal whilst the iScream recording continues.

Drawbacks: Audition doesn’t support live file update – as it sees the same file name it doesn’t load the newer version, you have to close the file but when you reload you get the entire file up to the point of clicking Open. Also don’t click ‘Save’ - this crashes Audition, use ‘Save As’ or ‘Save Selection’ and rename the file.

Upside: The iScream program just carries on recording!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]