FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clean audio file using another audio file

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eduardo Alcantara
Clean audio file using another audio file
on Apr 14, 2015 at 1:35:58 am

Hi, I'm new in this forum.

I have a voice recording that has a song in the background, and I just want to delete that song and keep the voice. Also I have a file with that song.

Is it posible in Adobe Audition to clean a recording using this song file, considering that in the recording file the song doesn't sound clean?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Clean audio file using another audio file
on Apr 18, 2015 at 8:07:27 am

you need two mono sources, then combine them into a stereo track, effects-invert one, then stereo to mono conversion.

although...
its sounds like you have a song that is similar but isn't exact. it has to be from the same recording because for the effect to work, the sample rate, speed, waveform compression, etc. have to be almost perfectly aligned to hope for any useful cancellation effect. You might be able to do some jiggery-pockery with it if you zoom in and align, stretch, stuff to fit, but I doubt you will be satisfied with the result.

Return to posts index

Eduardo Alcantara
Re: Clean audio file using another audio file
on Apr 19, 2015 at 5:31:44 pm

Thank you for the reply, I already tried it and you were right about the result. I had to manually adjust a lot of stuff, and still doesn't sound good to me. I guess the main reason is that the recording doesn't sound clean.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]