FORUMS: list search recent posts

Input-Output Sample Rates Out of Sync

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron MooreInput-Output Sample Rates Out of Sync
by on Apr 11, 2015 at 11:27:44 pm

I'm running Audition CC 2014 on an AMD 64bit, Quad-core machine with 8GB of RAM and just received an error message stating: "The sample rates of the audio input and output devices do not match. Audio cannot be recorded until this is corrected". I just recorded with Audition a couple days ago and everything behaved normally with no changes of any kind or additions to the computer having been made, so I am at a loss why I am suddenly unable to record. The only other event that has cropped up since upgrading to a better graphics card (and running into many driver/Direct-X issues) is a randomly appearing error message that says, "Catalyst Control Center: Host application has stopped working". This one's a complete mystery to me and I'm not even sure whether the two problems are somehow connected. Any thoughts as to where to check first? I've run through the Audio Channel Mapping and Audio Hardware settings and I don't think anything's been changed from before the troubles started so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Input-Output Sample Rates Out of Sync
by on Apr 12, 2015 at 2:46:10 am
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Apr 12, 2015 at 2:48:50 am

are you on windows?

Catalyst Control Center is your AMD radeon graphics software. try uninstalling and installing the latest from AMD.
Speaker properties and recording properties, advanced has the playback/record settings sample rate for windows. make them the same number.

In audition-try edit-interpret each wav to match preferences.

and finally, try a system restore back two days ago before the problem started. It sound like you have driver issues or even a trojan.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]