FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mackie Onyx Satellite, Can't Record Stereo in Audition CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Edwards
Mackie Onyx Satellite, Can't Record Stereo in Audition CS6
on Mar 21, 2015 at 7:31:23 am

I have a Rode NTK mic plugged into one of the inputs of a Mackie Onyx Satellite, using Adobe Audition CS6. Audition automatically recognizes the Mackie base station (CoreAudio) and in the Multitrack Window with the right pointing arrow for the Input, I select Stereo, Mackie Onyx Satellite, but I only get the left channel if I have the XLR plugged into input 1 of the base station. If I plug the XLR into Input 2, I get the right channel. But I never get both channels at the same time.

I've tried every combination of buttons on the Mackie base station, but nothing seems to get me to two channel stereo recording I'm after. What am I missing?

Of course, I could record in one channel and copy and paste it to the other, but that is a huge pain in the a** and would take up a lot of time over the course of a big project. There must be a better way.

Does anybody have some insight or solution they could share?

Return to posts index

Durin Gleaves
Re: Mackie Onyx Satellite, Can't Record Stereo in Audition CS6
on Mar 31, 2015 at 9:39:35 pm

Hi Steve,

If you only have a microphone feeding one of the inputs, there's no stereo/2-channel signal for Audition to record. Even if you could easily get the waveform in both channels, it's just duplicating the information and doubling your file size with no appreciable benefits. In this case, I'd recommend selecting the individual mono input channel that your microphone is connected to as the input source for the track and recording a mono file. As long as the track or Master track in Audition is Stereo, you'll be able to pan that signal wherever you like in the Stereo field - dead center, it would play back from both L and R speakers equally.

Return to posts index

Steve Edwards
Re: Mackie Onyx Satellite, Can't Record Stereo in Audition CS6
on Apr 22, 2015 at 7:38:45 am

Hey Durin,

Thanks for the insight. Makes sense to me, although it didn't occur to me naturally.

Will give that a try as soon as I have the chance. Think that will do the trick.

Really appreciate it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]