FORUMS: list search recent posts

Examples / Tutorials to embed ADR form Studiomic into on location atmosphere audio

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Felix Gorbach
Examples / Tutorials to embed ADR form Studiomic into on location atmosphere audio
on Mar 17, 2015 at 6:41:19 am

Hi audition masters,

When I search the net for tutorials there are plenty of them that shows how to master, multitrack etc. audio.
But the issue I very often come around is that I have a certain location in my short movies that have a completely different feel than the adr sounds. So far I´m very unexperienced in adapting the adr to the location the movie was shot in audio.
I know it has to be a combination of certain eq filters, reverbs, echoes etc. but if there are some general tipps about this issue this would help me a lot.
Of corse I record audio on location with a lav mic and a boom - but very often the quality does´t fit the final needs - and so I have to go through the extra adr stuff - and yes - I record atmo on locatioin. So I do have the reference sound form on location - but the combination of filters that are needed to adapt the warm and nice studio adr to the location - if there is a tutorial or general tipps - it would help me a lot.

thank you guys very much,

Felix

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Examples / Tutorials to embed ADR form Studiomic into on location atmosphere audio
on Mar 18, 2015 at 2:20:56 am
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Mar 18, 2015 at 2:32:18 am

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/30/873530

This post is about far away sound but the principle is the same. ADR is always warmer, ,different mic, bass more boomy, slyabents more poppy, because the mic is usually closer. Depending on the ADR room, it could have more reverb or less reverb.
You may need to:
1. Eq away lower freqs
2. Remove or add reverb to either the ADR or mix studio reverb selective freqs, not just all
3. Multichannel compress due to distance from mic
4. Playback ADR outside to rerecord

A good trick is to measure the same distance to each mic and play a tone generator for 1 sec. At 3 different volumes and freqs.

This will measure the relative db, multichannel compression, reverb, noise.
Then post processing is super easy because you dont't have to tweak your audio by ear.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]