FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recording Dialogue & Organising Files?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Hawcroft
Recording Dialogue & Organising Files?
on Jan 13, 2015 at 11:50:56 am

Hello all,

I am due to record dialogue for an animated short and I wondered if anyone can advise the best way to organise all the files of the actors' takes. Are there any shortcuts/presets available in Audition to automate file names and save locations? Are there standard naming conventions with respect to characters and scenes that I should use?

Many thanks in advance...

Tom

Return to posts index

Steven Talley
Re: Recording Dialogue & Organising Files?
on Jan 14, 2015 at 4:08:52 pm

While Audition can work with Video, I'd use an NLE for laying out the work. Vegas, Premiere or Final Cut Pro on a Mac would be better suited for the work.
That being said...
In Audition just setup one audio track for each voice artist. Label appropriately. Save all files to a single directory/folder along with the Audition project file. After each days work, I'd zip it up and save off to a thumb or hard drive.

Keep all the previous work so you can go back if disaster strikes. A written log of where you are at for each days work always helps. Forethought will save you in the end.

Just a note...
Never change file names outside the program you are using them in. If you are going to use an external program with any audio file to alter the audio, be sure to maintain the bit rate and bit depth. Id always keep a backup of the replaced file and note it.

Good Luck
Steve

Return to posts index

Tom Hawcroft
Re: Recording Dialogue & Organising Files?
on Jan 15, 2015 at 9:13:14 am

Hi Steve,

That's great advice, thanks very much for your insight.

All the best,

Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]