FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to unmix audio layers?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark BrazisHow to unmix audio layers?
by on Nov 30, 2014 at 12:51:37 am

I'm doing a video editing project in Premiere Pro, I think the imported files come with one compressed video source and one compressed audio source. It was recommended to me that I use Audition to edit the audio, so that's what I'm doing.

The problem I'm having with some files is that there are different layers in the audio:

1) background

2) soundtrack music

3) dubbed narration

Sometimes I'd like to keep the background noise, but extract the dubbed narration. How can this be done?

When my project is finished, it will be in documentary style with my own voice-over and narrative, and so 5 second clips here and there from different sources with different voices doesn't work. I don't want to mute the imported audio entirely, because the lack of background noise or music will be noticeable and awkward to anyone watching the video .... and I don't want to record my own background noise that may not even be of high enough to quality to match the video.

Help? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Rob NeidigRe: How to unmix audio layers?
by on Dec 9, 2014 at 3:48:18 pm

Mark,

If I understand your post correctly, you are trying to take an existing stereo audio file and extract the different elements from it. That is not possible to do. It's like a cake - once you have baked it you can't get the flour, eggs, etc. back out of it. The only way to have individual layers is if you can go to whoever created the original video and see if they have the individual tracks.

Good luck!

Rob

Rob Neidig
R&R Media Productions
Eugene, Oregon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]