FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need sound effect to build tension before flashback, where to start?

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Pickering
Need sound effect to build tension before flashback, where to start?
on Aug 7, 2014 at 4:41:04 pm

We shot a short film with a few flashbacks. We need a creative way to give the audience a tiny headsup before the flashback starts. We were thinking a subtle tension building "drone" would work - where it builds before it cuts to silent (or a subtle reverb in the silence). It's not a scary flashback but a dramatic, sad flashback.

It sounds like a "reverse" something or another is what I'm looking for but I don't know the correct terminology when I'm searching. The closest I can find is this http://www.freesound.org/people/snakebarney/sounds/138124/ which somewhat works, but we need something a little more "sad," or vintage, or less bassy or (for lack of better words). Does that make any sense at all?

Any suggestions on what I can try myself or of the correct terminology to use while searching?

Thanks!
-Stephen

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Need sound effect to build tension before flashback, where to start?
on Oct 20, 2014 at 12:00:34 am

i believe if you reverse a really happy song or effect, add heavy echo, slow 200%, add heavy distortion, it comes out very sad.

then just use a frequency shift tone down, like the doppler effect of a siren passing you. To get the right direction, think despondent as the emotion. don't forget, you can cut off the effect before its "done" to get a strange, wth moment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]