FORUMS: list search recent posts

Crackle and Static in Voice Over Recording

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tiffany RiceCrackle and Static in Voice Over Recording
by on Jul 31, 2014 at 3:23:45 pm
Last Edited By Tiffany Rice on Jul 31, 2014 at 3:24:45 pm

I am working with a VO artist over Elance and she keeps delivering audio with static in it. When the VO artist speaks there is crackle and static in her voice. Not really there when she is quiet.

I am on a deadline and want to know if I can fix it in Audition or if she just needs to fix her settings. What settings could she possibly be messing up to produce this artifacting?

Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks guys!!

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Crackle and Static in Voice Over Recording
by on Aug 2, 2014 at 2:27:05 pm

Obviously the voice over artist has no idea what she's doing. The job of the VO artist is first to have a good voice, and second, if he/she claims to be able to produce and deliver the VO, make sure the delivery quality is pristine.

Obviously that's not the case, so you should inform her that the quality is not up to par, and have he redo the VO. Possible problems are a bad connection somewhere in her system, broken or compromised wire from the mic to the computer or sound board, and even problems with the encoding.

If the noise is not there when she's not speaking, there's no way to easily remove the noise by sampling just the noise.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]