FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audition CC: Noise reduction reduces everything BUT noise

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Deborah SovierzoskiAudition CC: Noise reduction reduces everything BUT noise
by on Jun 6, 2014 at 6:01:18 am

Hey guys,

I am having a problem with audition i've never had before. I'm assuming it's an easy fix but I just can't figure it out.

I am trying to reduce air con noise in an interview. I capture a clean noise print, select all. But when I go into the reduce noise effect, it reduces everything BUT the noise print. It's removing the voice and leaving the noise, the opposite of what i want it to do!!

Here is a video showing my step by step process. The video has no audio, but you can see by the waveform what's going terribly wrong.

https://vimeo.com/97499230

Has anyone had this happen before?

It used to work fine in the past, and just decided to not work. I have restarted, reset the effect, nothing.

Thank you!
Deb

Return to posts index

mo salhanRe: Audition CC: Noise reduction reduces everything BUT noise
by on Jun 8, 2014 at 6:32:29 am

check out this short youtube tutorial that could maybe help you!

Return to posts index

Deborah SovierzoskiRe: Audition CC: Noise reduction reduces everything BUT noise
by on Jun 11, 2014 at 11:44:51 pm

Hey Mo,

Thanks for the response (great tutorial by the way, thanks for helping to teach others!), but I have been following those exact same steps. I find the area with only noise, capture print, select all, remove noise. But it removes only the voice and leaves the noise. If you see the video i posted it shows my dilemma.

It looks like no one else has had this problem! Maybe it's the audio file? I may try a file recorded off something else, maybe that is the problem.

Return to posts index

Jeff KayRe: Audition CC: Noise reduction reduces everything BUT noise
by on Aug 10, 2014 at 9:50:37 pm

In the video you have "output noise only" checked.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]