FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audition Basic Workflow

COW Forums : Adobe Audition

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Penny
Audition Basic Workflow
on Apr 27, 2014 at 9:55:51 pm

Hello,
I'm a video editor that has been starting to learn Audition for the purpose of creating a Podcast. I'm trying to create a fairly easy workflow that will allow me to take in long form raw audio and string it all out chronologically, make markers for potential bites that I may use in the final version, and then "edit" those into a final "timeline" for the final podcast. Right now, I've created a multitrack session with everything on two tracks, I've placed my markers, and now I would like to go through it, make in/out marks and get the pieces onto a final multitrack sequence. I think I might be applying too much video editing methodology to this, but what is the best way to go about this in Audition? Thanks.
-Ryan

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: Audition Basic Workflow
on May 2, 2014 at 4:13:50 pm

Hi Ryan -

I do a podcast here and there using Audition, and I have used your method, as well as a more "on the fly" method, in which I just start chopping up segments which have content that makes sense to become a separate clip. I go through the complete audio track, laying down markers on the fly, then "rewind" and cut these into separate files. This allows me to mix and match the content, which doesn't always follow the way the final piece will flow.

Depending on the length of the final piece, the on the fly method can work well with shorter pieces. With longer final pieces, you have to either organize it in your mind (or in notes), then chop away, or organize it on the timeline, then chop away. Once you get up to speed with Audition, you'll find that either method can be accomplished pretty fast with keyboard shortcuts, but there's no substitution for organization.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Ryan Penny
Re: Audition Basic Workflow
on May 12, 2014 at 5:32:08 pm

Hi Joe,
Thanks for the reply! I like your method, I guess I was wondering if there was another way to do basically the same thing that would allow you to use smaller bits of the "master clip" without having to save them off as separate files, but it sounds like you're saying that's the best way to work with them. I'll try it out, thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]